I will write down the tactics of Neuromarketing that the successful companies already used and became successful. Some are proved by fMRI but some are not. I have already tried some and I would say it 100% worked! It has been so fascinating to me until now. I recommend everyone to apply it with focus group.. tried them on fMRI if you think that campaign will mean a lot to your future profit and if it’s in your budget.
But heatmap analysis also works, the technology allows the marketer to analyze customer psychology without too much cost! it’s nice to see it without caveats. It’s proved that customer-rated a VDO with a very low point during the focus group, but the fMRI showed that their brain actually liked that VDO! To me, the effective and realistic way of marketing research is when your respondents aren’t aware that somebody is watching so their behavior becomes more natural and the results become more real.
- Credit card – Don’t cash out of people’s pocket directly(if you’re not new to this method you can skip, but I need to include it because it’s crucial for newbies). We can postpone the payment to a future period if it makes people pay easier. Many websites applied it with consistency and commitment rules by an add to cart button with recommending items and complement products with discount, also as I mentioned it can work with price anchoring and the fact that we human species actually can focus on only one thing, however everybody thinks they can multi-task( me too at some point) well, I already admitted that I can’t multi-tasking. So it’s nice to put the hot sale tag or user recommended tag with eye catchy graphics among those regular price recommendation and yes – deduct from their future money if possible.
2. The reason behinds GDN when its conversion rate and click through rate is far too low compares to paid search campaign is that – your customers are kinda like “I like it, but I don’t know why”. (If you need proof, try on searching neuroplasticity, Sigmund Freud, Donald Hebb, or Carla Shatz. I need to skip that part and go right to its applications). Banner ads, sponsor campaign, giveaway campaign never costs for nothing. The brain rewires along with our experience, so nice key messages and smooth brand experiences are important. Your customer might not remember your brand, but you can make them like it without them knowing why. Just make sure it’s a positive association and if it’s giveaways, make sure your customer will be willing to show your gifts in public because of the more often they(and people who are around them) see your brand logo and your positive message, the more they will like it (subconsciously)!
Now that you know, giveaways and how many times your customers see your ad is important if you are doing digital marketing. it will be easier for you to check that how many times your targeted audiences see your companies’ logo/ key message/story (we’ll talk more about this), but if you’re doing traditional marketing, OOH, be sure that your OOH geographic targets are familiar with your brand. (You then also need another people to check that how many times your OOH is here or there, if you’re serious and not have like tons and tons of budget, when you apply the data you collected with the sales of each branch, it might show a very interesting data about your customers. So collect the data!)
Benefits of collecting: People in these areas buy more than another side of the regions, see if they perceive what kind of ads, what kind of messages, what kind of campaigns they are perceiving. So Real time bidding, realtime predictive analytics, multivariable testing, ads serving to any specific customer and intelligently automate optimizing are all crucial – read about this more in realtime recommender system, we’ll talk about the tables, the relations between the conversions, the ads, the transaction AA, BB, CC, DD…(let’s say N = 35) , N1 contains attribute 1, 2, 3, 4 tends to convert more or click more or read more, or pay more.. etc. .. when they’re served with ad A and ad B. But the customer N2 who contains attribute 2,4,6,7 tends to convert more with Ad C, it’s gonna a be a very long…g article about this because after you get the tables you need to know what to do next. I will explain it very clearly what ones mean later.
N1 = 1,2,3,4 = ads A (generates 30k), ..ads B, ..ads C optimize when it reaches 5-20% people in the audience group, depends on your budget (more about the attributes you can collects in the future and what media can be collected what kind of attributes).
3. Surprise the audience! (finally, I pick this one to be one of this top 5 lists after a very long thought) Don’t do something expectable, clique in the first 3 seconds (if possible 1 s). People, today attention is shorter than a goldfish! I don’t want to admit it too, but yes it’s true if you want to know why you can search it by yourself, I’m sorry but I’m not sure I’ll want to write about this in the future, it’s exhausting to me)
So! if you’re thinking that you wanna be a modern, open-minded entrepreneur, let the new employee ideas fly too! Don’t just trust someone out of their seniority. yes, they have experienced more than a young folk, but if you’re caring about the profits then avoid this mistakes. I actually support the idea that there no authorities in the company. no managers.. no bosses.. we evaluate the work and everything using the real data, so everybody can stop fawning upon their bosses and really work their ass out, do the real work! contribute the real creativity!
So now! surprise your audience with multiple key messages, pictures, sounds, stories. it doesn’t benefit only ‘Non-Authorities transformation’ but also perfect for anyone who wanna try out more than one idea)
(Because creativity and slogan creation needs effort and time, avoid a creative who just pops out their ideas without back up data, it’s dangerous for your budget and it’s the main reason that some company never break-evens if you’re doing the business for fun. it’s OK but if not – just don’t , but if you value pure creativity without backup data, then don’t lie on the job posting that your company value commitment and knowledge and innovative things like that, just tell people the truth that you has an old boring attitude, and are emotional based decision, love people who are talkative, it’s fair for you and everyone! but if your creative is someone like that, it’s not necessary to fire them, just buy them a training program about neuromarketing or consumer psychology, wait and see your profits grow exponentially because when CREATIVE + NEUROMARKETING = THE BIGGEST WIN)
This is not aggressive suggestion, you can choose base on your conditions – what you want to do with the information I provided, just don’t make your employee’s angry and upset, trust yourself and trust them too!
And we will go deeper into ‘Words’ psychological effects later. (so you will know which ideas worth trying and which ones are not)
4. People always crave to understand new things, new information.. If you are selling furniture, try a campaign that let people guess what career the owner of the room in the picture has, maybe a magician, an astronomer, or whatever career that give you the most profit in the past. Give them a gift embedded your logo and positive key message(for their ooh daily life use ) if they are correct, it can be a hundred pieces or four hundred limited amount of your giveaways. Because when they see a new visual stimulus and ‘get it’, their pleasure receptors activate the reward system in their brain. Lucky that the source of pleasure is your brand and your products.
5. Okay, after they already see your positive key message, now let them hypnotize them self too with ‘self-hypnosis’ campaign! In this campaign, it’s the combination of self-consistency, the reward system, and the nature of reptilian brain(how much your customers love the contrast, ‘only one’ idea, self-imagination, and are selfish). I know there are so many things here, I want to explain more about the reptile brain, but it’s better to be another separate article because it will take a little bit more effort to explain.
To set up the ‘self-hypnosis’ campaign
First, set one big prize! only one ‘BIG’ prize. Why? ask the reptile brain or see why the lottery is very popular in our society. Want to know more about reptile brain now? search it for yourself there are many research and article about it. I need to go on and stick to the topic.
Second, let them have a fun time with the game and contest that let them explain how much your products can benefit their life. Why? because you get motion sickness and seasick. Your body moves, your eyes focus = You get sick! That’s how human works. Now, Imagine if someone takes their precious time to think how your product can benefit their lives, post it, and let the social(another online user) sees it, that’s when the magic happens.
Final important step, promote the winner news. How his/her life is better now with the prize. Oh, this is very fun and exciting process. Why? because we tend to stand up for ourselves, when we see other people get lucky with the prize, we mirror that the next lucky one may be ourselves and Wow, his/her life changes positively in an obvious way! Now, it’s easier to set the campaign next time.
There many articles I wish I will get to write it in the future, this top 5 are just the beginning, there are more and more interesting psychology tricks that you can learn. Remember. The knowledge itself is just the truth, good? evil? it depends on the purpose of its users.
Hope everyone a Happy 2018. Peace!